Preview

image preview

Sender

Unknown [Barham, England]

Excerpt from Message

On a tablet in this church are the names of the rectors one of the earliest being that of John Digges 1377. He was the son of [illegible] Diggs living in the 5th year of Edward 2nd wnlse father John, son of Roger a Miedenhall of St. Stephens Parish Kent, who was called Digge gave the "Isle of Brunswick" to the grey Friars at Canterbury. Many generations of Digge lived at Barham Digge Church now called "Digge Place" (1929) a well kept English manor house recently bought and restored by Mr. and Mrs. T.S.B. Gulbrius, was acquired y James Digges, great grandfather of Sir Dubley Digges of Chillam Castle, Kent. Barham is in the road from Canterbury to Dover

Language of Message

English

Image File Location

O:\Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\UnitedKingdom\Kent-01B

Image File Size

278 KB

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Canterbury (England), Anglican churches

Share

Image Location

 
COinS