Preview

image preview

Caption

Part of the side Altar in the Mission San Xavier del Bac, nine miles from Tucson, Arizona. Settlement discovered 1692, and first chapel built 1700 by Jesuit Missionary, Father Kino. Present church built by Franciscans 1783-1797.

Physical Description

One color postcard with a divided back. The psotcard was published by Frye & Smith, Limited in San Diego, California with color by Bolty.

Condition

Used

Postmark Date

1957-05-22

Sender

Francesca Marasella [Tucson, Arizona]

Recipient

Mother Rossi [San Diego, California]

Excerpt from Message

[in French]

Language of Message

spanish

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–Arizona– Pima County–Tucson

Publisher

Frye & Smith, Limited

Publisher Series

54248

Date Issued

1908-

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Digital Collection

American Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library. University of San Diego

Collection Number

Arizona-48

Date Digitized

2016-04-16

Image Format

297 KB

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

P:\SDCW Postcard Collection\UnitedStates\Arizona-48A

Image File Size

Image/JPEG

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Tucson (Ariz.), Mission San Xavier del Bac (Tucson, Ariz.), Mission churches, Interiors, Altars

Share

Image Location

 
COinS