Preview

image preview

Caption

Senator Leland Stanford and Mrs. Jane Lathrop Stanford founded Leland Stanford Junior University in 1887 as a memorial to their only son. Situated at Palo Alto on the spacious Stanford Farm on 8800 acres this world famous University is picturesquely situated in delightful surroundings. Student attendance numbers over 4000. The first class was held in 1891.

Physical Description

One linen postcard with divided back published by Stanley A. Piltz, Company, San Francisco, California, “Pictorial Wonderland” Art Tones Series and printed in the United States by "C.T. Art Colortone" made only by Curt Teich and Company Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

Condition

Unused

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–California–Santa Clara County–Palo Alto

Publisher

Stanley A. Piltz Co.

Printer

Curt Teich & Co.

Printing Process

Chromolithography

Technique

Artist rendering

Date Issued

1930-1955

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Publisher Series

429

Postcard Collection Number

California-15

Digital Collection

San Diego College for Women Linen Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Date Digitized

2013

Image File Size

414 KB

Image Format

Image/Jpeg

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\California\CA-15A

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Stanford University (California), Colleges & Universities, Patios

Share

Image Location

 
COinS