Preview

image preview

Caption

San Jose Second Mission, Built 1718 San Antonio, Texas - This was the second of several Missions named after St. Joseph, built in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks, and was used in converting the Indians. It was also used as a place of refuge from hostile Indians. The hand carving by experts to be one of the finest specimens of ancient carving extant. "The Winter Playground of America"

Language of Postcard

English

Image File Size

179 KB

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\Texas\TX-08B

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Mission San Jose y San Miguel de Aguayo (San Antonio, Texas), Mission Churches, Historic Sites

Share

Image Location

 
COinS