2017 University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium
Call for Proposals
Proposals are now being accepted for the Fourth Annual Digital Initiatives Symposium, May 1-2, 2017.
Join University of San Diego's Copley Library for the Fourth Annual Digital Initiative Symposium.
This day and a half conference features workshops and user group meetings for a variety of institutional repository platforms, focusing on the digital elements of library ecosystems and institutional repositories. Registration opens December 5, 2016.
$85 registration includes both the preconference and full-day conference
$75 registration includes full-day conference
$40 registration includes preconference workshops
Call for Proposals are being accepted for Tuesday, May 2, 2017 – Full Day Conference
We are accepting proposals for 45-minute concurrent sessions, 90-minute panel discussions, and poster presentations. We welcome proposals from organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, public libraries, special libraries, museums, and other cultural memory institutions.
This year, we are especially interested in proposals that consider:
- data management and sharing, open data
- open educational resources
- digital initiatives in instruction and undergraduate research
- roles for deans and directors in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- roles for disciplinary faculty in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- diverse repository platforms and functions
- digital humanities
- copyright and licensing
- collaboration: interdisciplinary initiatives and collaboration within and between campuses
- scholarly communication
- technical applications related to platforms or tools
- web archiving
Full-Day Conference Sessions,
Panel discussions: 90 minutes
Concurrent sessions (case studies, white papers, demonstrations, or panels): 45 minutes
Poster sessions on digital project topics will take place in the afternoon.
Please plan on 10-15 minutes for questions, with panel and concurrent sessions.
All submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance thinking about digital initiatives, institutional repositories, and scholarly communication. Acceptance is competitive. Registration fees will be waived for accepted presenters.
Submit proposals http://digital.sandiego.edu/symposium/2017/
For more information or questions contact Diane Maher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal Submission Deadline: January 16, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: February 6, 2017
- Selected presenters must confirm presentations: February 17, 2017
- Conference Registration: Deadline: April 17, 2017