Preview

image preview

Caption

Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa was established by Fr. Junipera on Sept. 1st, 1772. It was the fourth in the chain of California Missions. The buildings have been partially restored, and within its grey walls are many sacred mementos of the heroic sacrifices of Father Serra and his Franciscans Brothers. The Mission is open to the public daily. It is the active Catholic Church of the city for which it was named, San Luis Obispo.

Image File Size

169 KB

Image File Location

Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\CA-60B

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Mission San Luis Obispo De Tolosa (San Luis Obispo, California), Mission Churches, Historic Sites

Share

Image Location

 
COinS