Preview

image preview

Caption

In this brick shed at the rear of 58 Bagley Avenue, Mr. Ford carried on some of his early automobile experiments while employed as an engineer at the Edison Illuminating Company. Three lathes, drill presses and hand tools are those used in building his first car. The right hand door had to be torn out and made larger because Mr. Ford forgot to measure the door when he built the car inside.

Physical Description

Linen postcard with divided back published by United News Company, 24 West Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, Michigan and printed in the United States by "C.T. Art Colortone" made only by Curt Teich & Co. Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

Condition

Unused

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–Michigan–Wayne County–Dearborn

Publisher

United News Company

Printer

Curt Teich & Company

Printer Number

5B-H33

Printing Process

Color lithograph

Technique

Artist rendering

Date Issued

1930-1955

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Publisher Series

259

Postcard Collection Number

Michigan-03

Digital Collection

San Diego College for Women Linen Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Date Digitized

2013

Image File Size

346 KB

Image Format

image/jpeg

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\MI-03A

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Dearborn (Michigan), Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village (Dearborn, Michigan), Henry Ford (1863-1947), Factories, Automobile Industry

Share

Image Location

 
COinS