Preview

image preview

Caption

The Nave. Since. A.D. 597, when St. Augustine landed in Kent, the site on which Canterbury Cathedral stands has been occupied by a Christian church. The existing adifice date from 1070, when the old Saxon church was begun in 1378. The measurements are, 214 feet long, 71 feet broad, and 101 feet high.

Image File Location

O:\Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\UnitedKingdom\Kent-31B

Image File Size

154 KB

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Canterbury (England), Canterbury Cathedral, Anglican churches, Interiors, Naves

Share

Image Location

 
COinS