Preview

image preview

Caption

Saint-Bertram of Comminges (Lugdunum Convenarum, founded in B.C. 72). The town, surrounded by numerous Gallo-Roman remains, lookds like a Pyrenean Mount St-Michael, with its ramparts and ancient rooms above which towers the Cathedral. Marvellous choir, magnificent Renaissance stalls and woodworks. Tombs of Saint-Bertram and of Bishop Hughes of Chatillon. Remarkable cloister.

Physical Description

One black and white postcard with a divided back. The posctcard contains an image by aritst A. Rotuda.

Condition

Unused

Language of Postcard

English

Location

France–Mídí-Pyrénées–Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges

Printer

2013-10-03

Date Issued

1908-

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Digital Collection

French Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Collection Number

Midi-Pyrénées-41

Date Digitized

October 2013

Image Format

Image/JPEG

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\France\Midi-Pyrenees-41A

Image File Size

443 KB

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges (France), Saint-Bertrand de Comminges (Cathedral), Catholic churches

Share

Image Location

 
COinS