Preview

image preview

Caption

Part of the side Altar in the Mission San Xavier del Bac, nine miles from Tucson, Arizona. Settlement discovered 1692, and first chapel built 1700 by Jesuit Missionary, Father Kino. Present church built by Franciscans 1783-1797.

Sender

Francesca Marasella [Tucson, Arizona]

Recipient

Mother Rossi [San Diego, California]

Excerpt from Message

[in French]

Language of Message

spanish

Image Format

550 KB

Image File Location

P:\SDCW Postcard Collection\UnitedStates\Arizona-48B

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Tucson (Ariz.), Mission San Xavier del Bac (Tucson, Ariz.), Mission churches, Interiors, Altars

Share

Image Location

 
COinS