Preview

image preview

Sender

Margaret Ray [San Antonio, Texas, United States]

Recipient

Miss May Clarke [St. Joseph, Missouri, United States]

Postmark

1940-03-16

Caption

Mission San Jose was the second of several Missions named after St. Joseph, built in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks, and was used in converting the Indians. It was also used as a place of refuge from hostile Indians. The hand carving on the facade of the main entrance is conceded by the Experts to be one of the finest specimens of ancient carving extant.

Physical Description

One linen postcard with divided back published and printed in the United States by E. C. Kropp Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Condition

Used

Language of Message

English

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–Texas–Bexar County–San Antonio

Printer

E. C. Kropp Co.

Printing Process

Chromolithography

Technique

Artist rendering

Date Issued

1930-1955

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Publisher Series

63

Postcard Collection Number

Texas-05

Digital Collection

San Diego College for Women Linen Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Date Digitized

2013

Image File Size

370 KB

Image Format

Image/Jpeg

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\Texas\TX-05A

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Mission San Jose y San Miguel de Aguayo (San Antonio, Texas), Mission Churches, Historic Sites

Share

Image Location

 
COinS