Preview

image preview

Sender

Margaret Ray [San Antonio, Texas, United States]

Recipient

Miss May Clarke [St. Joseph, Missouri, United States]

Postmark

1940-03-16

Caption

Mission San Jose was the second of several Missions named after St. Joseph, built in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks, and was used in converting the Indians. It was also used as a place of refuge from hostile Indians. The hand carving on the facade of the main entrance is conceded by the Experts to be one of the finest specimens of ancient carving extant.

Language of Message

English

Language of Postcard

English

Image File Size

280 KB

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\Texas\TX-05B

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Mission San Jose y San Miguel de Aguayo (San Antonio, Texas), Mission Churches, Historic Sites

Share

Image Location

 
COinS