Preview

image preview

Sender

Antoinette & Bill Beaton [San Francisco, California, United States]

Recipient

Rev. Mother C.M. Thompson [San Diego, California, United States]

Postmark

1964-01-24

Caption

Portals of the Past Golden Gate Park - Golden Gate Park, Stanyan Street between Fulton Street and Lincoln Way, extends to the ocean, and contains 1,013 acres. The park was created from bare sand dunes in the 1870s by John McLaren. The Portals of the Past, a memento of the great fire in 1906; these portals were practically all that remained standing of one of Nob Hill's magnificent mansions.

Language of Postcard

English

Image File Size

290 KB

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\US CA San Francisco\SF-41B

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Golden Gate Park (San Francisco, California), Parks & Gardens

Share

Image Location

 
COinS