Preview

image preview

Caption

The sacred Alamo stands within the very heart of the business district of the city of San Antonio. It was erected in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks and was originally the Chapel of the Mission of San Antonio de Valera. It was within the gray stone walls of the quaint old Chapel, March 6 1836, that Travis, Barrett, Bowie, Crockett, and 170 unsung heroes gave their lives in defense of Texas liberty.

Physical Description

Linen postcard with divided back published by Weiner News Company, San Antonio, Texas and printed in the United States by "C.T. Art Colortone" made only by Curt Teich & Co. Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

Condition

Unused

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–Texas–Bexar County–San Antonio

Publisher

Weiner News Company

Printer

Curt Teich & Company

Printer Number

5A-H1607

Printing Process

Color lithograph

Technique

Artist rendering

Date Issued

1930-1955

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Publisher Series

33

Postcard Collection Number

Texas-03

Digital Collection

San Diego College for Women Linen Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Date Digitized

2013

Image File Size

352 KB

Image Format

image/jpeg

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\TX-03A

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Alamo (San Antonio, Texas), Mission San Antonio de Valero (San Antonio, Texas), Historic Sites, Mission Churches

Share

Image Location

 
COinS