Preview

image preview

Caption

The sacred Alamo stands within the very heart of the business district of the city of San Antonio. It was erected in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks and was originally the Chapel of the Mission of San Antonio de Valera. It was within the gray stone walls of the quaint old Chapel, March 6 1836, that Travis, Barrett, Bowie, Crockett, and 170 unsung heroes gave their lives in defense of Texas liberty.

Image File Size

181 KB

Image File Location

Archives\SDCW Postcard Collection\TX-03B

Copyright

Copyright not Evaluated

Keywords

Alamo (San Antonio, Texas), Mission San Antonio de Valero (San Antonio, Texas), Historic Sites, Mission Churches

Share

Image Location

 
COinS