Preview

image preview

Caption

Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa was established by Fr. Junipera on Sept. 1st, 1772. It was the fourth in the chain of California Missions. The buildings have been partially restored, and within its grey walls are many sacred mementos of the heroic sacrifices of Father Serra and his Franciscans Brothers. The Mission is open to the public daily. It is the active Catholic Church of the city for which it was named, San Luis Obispo.

Physical Description

One linen postcard with divided back published by Stanley A. Piltz, Company, San Francisco, California, “Pictorial Wonderland” Art Tones Series and printed in the United States by "C.T. Art Colortone" made only by Curt Teich and Company Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

Condition

Unused

Language of Postcard

English

Location

United States–California–San Luis Obispo County–San Luis Obispo

Publisher

Stanley A. Piltz Co.

Printer

Curt Teich & Co.

Printing Process

Chromolithography

Technique

Artist rendering

Date Issued

1930-1955

Object Type

Postcard

Object Size

14 X 09 cm

Original Collection

San Diego College for Women Postcard Collection

Publisher Series

700

Postcard Collection Number

California-60

Digital Collection

San Diego College for Women Linen Postcard Collection

Digital Publisher

Copley Library, University of San Diego

Date Digitized

2013

Image File Size

212 KB

Image Format

Image/Jpeg

Repository

Special Collections. Copley Library, University of San Diego

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\California\CA-60A

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

Mission San Luis Obispo De Tolosa (San Luis Obispo, California), Mission Churches, Historic Sites

Share

Image Location

 
COinS