Preview

image preview

Caption

Founded by Fra Junipero Serra July 16, 1769, this was the first of the chain of 21 Franciscan missions built in California. The Mission suffered a number of attacks by Indians and was practically destroyed in 1775. It was rebuilt and continued in active service until Mexican secularization in 1829. The Mission was restored in 1930.

Language of Postcard

English

Image File Size

156 KB

Image File Location

Cop-Darc\Postcards\Linen Postcards\US CA San Diego County\SD-07B

Copyright

This postcard may be protected by copyright law. It is being made available for non-commercial, personal, educational, and research use only. It is the responsibility of the user to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) or heirs for any other use.

Keywords

San Diego Mission, Historic Sites, Mission Churches, Junipero Serra, 1713-1784

Share

Image Location

 
COinS